Wednesday, March 10, 2010

My thoughts

Ok..... I dont know if anyone even reads this anymore :) It has been so long since I have updated!!!
Texas has been hard for me....I've been mad, upset, unhappy and most of all I feel like I have lost a year and a half of my life feeling sorry for myself! Today I want to take my life back and let go of what I think I need and begin following the path the God has put us on. My boys are happy.....love school and life in general...My husband is content with his job and he is finally getting the appreciation he deserves! It is time for me to remember what it is like to be joyfully following the Lord. No one can make me happy unless I choose to be happy....I have told Jay many times..."Choose Joy!" It is time I follow my own advice...LOL!
So if anyone is still reading this...Keep me accountable :)
What I would like to start doing is using this blog to record the things that I am thankful for.....I am out a camera right now...Long story...But I will try to add a picture of the ones I love every now and then.

Today I am thankful for:

Jake: I was walking by him as he was watching a cartoon before his nap...I dont know why but I stopped and walked over and gave him a hug. I assumed he would push me out of the way...LOL but he said "I am so glad I am here with you Mommy!" One of those moments where you realize what you are doing is worth everything and it brought a tear to my eye.

Ty: He woke up early so I got some snuggle time in before he went to school!

Jay: I actually was up early enough to talk to him and spend some time with him before work....He has been so busy lately and I have been sick so I have hardly got to see him. He gave me the night off last night and let me get some sleep. I am thankful that he noticed what I was needing and went out of his way to make sure I was taken care of.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Andi, I know you can do this!! It is hard being away from everything/everyone you've known your entire life...I speak from experience. But, you are a strong woman! Now you can tell yourself that you have 1 1/2 years of "experience" being a Texan!!!

Amber said...

I still read!!!!! You are so right! We have to choose to be happy! Doesn't seem hard...but it can be! My preacher always says..No matter what is going on in your life..you can always find something to be thankful for! So true! I love your new blog mission! I will faithfully read and enjoy seeing what you are thankful for! Claim Your Joy Girl!!!!