Saturday, April 3, 2010

Mother of the Year Moment

So I spent all day sleeping...taking a bubble bath.....getting a pedicure....shopping....basically being selfish :)

I decided my kids needed a little attention so we colored our Easter eggs. It went well,minus the mess, until the end. Jake wanted a wrap thing around an egg....well the egg was too big but I kept cramming it in there until it smashed in my hand. (Insert meltdown from Jake) Mommy broke his egg!! Tears.....crumpled in the chair....Ok ...bed time boys! Mommy:"Jake what do you want to have good dreams about? Jake:"My eggs but not the one you broke!" (Insert really sad and broken hearted face) Mommy:"Alright angel, sorry mommy did that...goodnight!" So I went down stairs to clean up the mess and put the eggs away. Well while I was doing this I was also messing with my phone ....so egg tray in one hand...Words with Friends in the other....You know what happened right? Egg tray smashed to the bottom of the fridge.....Mommy:"Oh please God don't let it be...." Yep it was every single one of Jake's eggs!!! Not one survived....Ugh!!!

Can't wait till he asks to see his eggs this morning :)

1 comment:

Amber said...

Hope the broken eggs and Easter went well. Just wanted you to know how much I am enjoying reading your blogs...jealous that I can't keep mine up...but always look forward to seeing how the Hembree's are doing!!!!