Friday, September 17, 2010

A note to Tyler and Jacob Hembree

Dear Ty and Jake,

I hate to ruin your fun, but I do not share your excitement or your obsession with all things Star Wars. I am a girl...I like the color pink, flowers, painted toenails, bubble baths and reading books in peace and quiet. When you start a sentence with "Do you remember when Darth Vader..." I have stopped listening and have gone to a happy place in my mind. When you ask "Who is Mace Windu?" I do NOT know the answer or care. When you want to play and ask me to be Princess Leia....it will not end well bc the princess likes to sleep in my story. Every cup and plate you use does not have to have Yoda on it...you will live with normal silverware and dinner plates. Lightsabers are not stuffed animals and do not need to sleep in your bed. They are just fine in the toybox and will be there when you wake up. Luke Skywalker is a made up person not a member of our family, so NO, I do not love him. I am excited your vocabulary is expanding but I dont believe you will find Clone Trooper or Rebel Alliance in the dictionary. Just a reminder my birthday is coming up and if my card has Boba Fett I am running away and may not come back all day. I love you both but enough is enough!

Love,
Mommy

P.S. I feel the same way about Phineas and Ferb so don't even think about it!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That is hilarious!!! I can lend you Abby for a few hours....she's all about dresses right now!

Andi said...

Will gladly take any girl at any time :) especially cute little blonde ones..lol!

Anonymous said...

Love it.
I know the joys and pains of only having boys around (big and small).
Hugs... that was the funniest thing I've read in a while. lol

Jack and Mary H. aka Papa and Nana said...

This is so funny. I feel your pain, except I like Ferb. It is time for a little girl to show up.